Commit Graph
29 Commits
Author SHA1 Message Date
Mike Rapoport fb37409a01 arch: remove unicore32 port
The unicore32 port do not seem maintained for a long time now, there is no
upstream toolchain that can create unicore32 binaries and all the links to
prebuilt toolchains for unicore32 are dead. Even compilers that were
available are not supported by the kernel anymore.

Guenter Roeck says:

  I have stopped building unicore32 images since v4.19 since there is no
  available compiler that is still supported by the kernel. I am surprised
  that support for it has not been removed from the kernel.

Remove unicore32 port.

Signed-off-by: Mike Rapoport <[email protected]>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email protected]>
Acked-by: Guenter Roeck <[email protected]>
2020-07-01 12:09:13 +03:00
Mike Rapoport 3f08a302f5 mm: remove CONFIG_HAVE_MEMBLOCK_NODE_MAP option
CONFIG_HAVE_MEMBLOCK_NODE_MAP is used to differentiate initialization of
nodes and zones structures between the systems that have region to node
mapping in memblock and those that don't.

Currently all the NUMA architectures enable this option and for the
non-NUMA systems we can presume that all the memory belongs to node 0 and
therefore the compile time configuration option is not required.

The remaining few architectures that use DISCONTIGMEM without NUMA are
easily updated to use memblock_add_node() instead of memblock_add() and
thus have proper correspondence of memblock regions to NUMA nodes.

Still, free_area_init_node() must have a backward compatible version
because its semantics with and without CONFIG_HAVE_MEMBLOCK_NODE_MAP is
different.  Once all the architectures will use the new semantics, the
entire compatibility layer can be dropped.

To avoid addition of extra run time memory to store node id for
architectures that keep memblock but have only a single node, the node id
field of the memblock_region is guarded by CONFIG_NEED_MULTIPLE_NODES and
the corresponding accessors presume that in those cases it is always 0.

Signed-off-by: Mike Rapoport <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Tested-by: Hoan Tran <[email protected]>	[arm64]
Acked-by: Catalin Marinas <[email protected]>	[arm64]
Cc: Baoquan He <[email protected]>
Cc: Brian Cain <[email protected]>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <[email protected]>
Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email protected]>
Cc: Greentime Hu <[email protected]>
Cc: Greg Ungerer <[email protected]>
Cc: Guan Xuetao <[email protected]>
Cc: Guo Ren <[email protected]>
Cc: Heiko Carstens <[email protected]>
Cc: Helge Deller <[email protected]>
Cc: "James E.J. Bottomley" <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Ley Foon Tan <[email protected]>
Cc: Mark Salter <[email protected]>
Cc: Matt Turner <[email protected]>
Cc: Max Filippov <[email protected]>
Cc: Michael Ellerman <[email protected]>
Cc: Michal Hocko <[email protected]>
Cc: Michal Simek <[email protected]>
Cc: Nick Hu <[email protected]>
Cc: Paul Walmsley <[email protected]>
Cc: Richard Weinberger <[email protected]>
Cc: Rich Felker <[email protected]>
Cc: Russell King <[email protected]>
Cc: Stafford Horne <[email protected]>
Cc: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email protected]>
Cc: Tony Luck <[email protected]>
Cc: Vineet Gupta <[email protected]>
Cc: Yoshinori Sato <[email protected]>
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email protected]
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
2020-06-03 20:09:43 -07:00
Björn Töpel 75a49a5e4f Documentation/features: Refresh the arch support status files
I was manually editing the arch-support.txt for eBPF-JIT, when I
realized the refresh script [1] has not been run for a while. Let's
fix that, so that the entries are more up-to-date.

[1] Documentation/features/scripts/features-refresh.sh

Signed-off-by: Björn Töpel <[email protected]>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email protected]
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
2020-05-25 10:17:11 -06:00
Alexandre Ghiti 874ddbce48 documentation: vm: Advertise support for pte_special in riscv
Risc-V architecture has actually supported pte_special since its merge
upstream, simply add this info to the documentation.

Signed-off-by: Alexandre Ghiti <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
2020-02-19 02:41:01 -07:00
Guo Ren 8a5aaf97cc Documentation/features: Add csky kernel features
core/ cBPF-JIT             : TODO |
      core/ eBPF-JIT             : TODO |
      core/ generic-idle-thread  :  ok  |
      core/ jump-labels          : TODO |
      core/ tracehook            :  ok  |
     debug/ KASAN                : TODO |
     debug/ gcov-profile-all     : TODO |
     debug/ kgdb                 : TODO |
     debug/ kprobes-on-ftrace    : TODO |
     debug/ kprobes              : TODO |
     debug/ kretprobes           : TODO |
     debug/ optprobes            : TODO |
     debug/ stackprotector       : TODO |
     debug/ uprobes              : TODO |
     debug/ user-ret-profiler    : TODO |
        io/ dma-contiguous       :  ok  |
   locking/ cmpxchg-local        : TODO |
   locking/ lockdep              : TODO |
   locking/ queued-rwlocks       :  ok  |
   locking/ queued-spinlocks     : TODO |
   locking/ rwsem-optimized      : TODO |
      perf/ kprobes-event        : TODO |
      perf/ perf-regs            : TODO |
      perf/ perf-stackdump       : TODO |
     sched/ membarrier-sync-core : TODO |
     sched/ numa-balancing       :  ..  |
   seccomp/ seccomp-filter       : TODO |
      time/ arch-tick-broadcast  : TODO |
      time/ clockevents          :  ok  |
      time/ context-tracking     : TODO |
      time/ irq-time-acct        : TODO |
      time/ modern-timekeeping   :  ok  |
      time/ virt-cpuacct         : TODO |
        vm/ ELF-ASLR             : TODO |
        vm/ PG_uncached          : TODO |
        vm/ THP                  :  ..  |
        vm/ batch-unmap-tlb-flush: TODO |
        vm/ huge-vmap            : TODO |
        vm/ ioremap_prot         : TODO |
        vm/ numa-memblock        :  ..  |
        vm/ pte_special          : TODO |

Signed-off-by: Guo Ren <[email protected]>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <[email protected]>
2019-01-07 22:22:16 +08:00
Hassan Naveed b3a428b4b1 MIPS: Enable IOREMAP_PROT config option for MIPS cpus
Allows the users of ptrace to access memory mapped by the ptraced process
using the same cache coherency attributes as the original process.
For example while using gdb with ioremap_prot() incorporated, both gdb and
the process being traced will have same cache coherency attributes.

Signed-off-by: Hassan Naveed <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Paul Burton <[email protected]>
Patchwork: https://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/20955/
Cc: <[email protected]>
2018-11-05 10:15:28 -08:00
Laurent Dufour 3010a5ea66 mm: introduce ARCH_HAS_PTE_SPECIAL
Currently the PTE special supports is turned on in per architecture
header files.  Most of the time, it is defined in
arch/*/include/asm/pgtable.h depending or not on some other per
architecture static definition.

This patch introduce a new configuration variable to manage this
directly in the Kconfig files.  It would later replace
__HAVE_ARCH_PTE_SPECIAL.

Here notes for some architecture where the definition of
__HAVE_ARCH_PTE_SPECIAL is not obvious:

arm
 __HAVE_ARCH_PTE_SPECIAL which is currently defined in
arch/arm/include/asm/pgtable-3level.h which is included by
arch/arm/include/asm/pgtable.h when CONFIG_ARM_LPAE is set.
So select ARCH_HAS_PTE_SPECIAL if ARM_LPAE.

powerpc
__HAVE_ARCH_PTE_SPECIAL is defined in 2 files:
 - arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h
 - arch/powerpc/include/asm/pte-common.h
The first one is included if (PPC_BOOK3S & PPC64) while the second is
included in all the other cases.
So select ARCH_HAS_PTE_SPECIAL all the time.

sparc:
__HAVE_ARCH_PTE_SPECIAL is defined if defined(__sparc__) &&
defined(__arch64__) which are defined through the compiler in
sparc/Makefile if !SPARC32 which I assume to be if SPARC64.
So select ARCH_HAS_PTE_SPECIAL if SPARC64

There is no functional change introduced by this patch.

Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email protected]
Signed-off-by: Laurent Dufour <[email protected]>
Suggested-by: Jerome Glisse <[email protected]>
Reviewed-by: Jerome Glisse <[email protected]>
Acked-by: David Rientjes <[email protected]>
Cc: Michal Hocko <[email protected]>
Cc: "Aneesh Kumar K . V" <[email protected]>
Cc: Michael Ellerman <[email protected]>
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email protected]>
Cc: Paul Mackerras <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Catalin Marinas <[email protected]>
Cc: Will Deacon <[email protected]>
Cc: Yoshinori Sato <[email protected]>
Cc: Rich Felker <[email protected]>
Cc: David S. Miller <[email protected]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
Cc: Vineet Gupta <[email protected]>
Cc: Palmer Dabbelt <[email protected]>
Cc: Albert Ou <[email protected]>
Cc: Martin Schwidefsky <[email protected]>
Cc: Heiko Carstens <[email protected]>
Cc: David Rientjes <[email protected]>
Cc: Robin Murphy <[email protected]>
Cc: Christophe LEROY <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
2018-06-07 17:34:35 -07:00
Jonathan Corbet c7c527dd6e Revert "Documentation/features/vm: Remove arch support status file for 'pte_special'"
The removal of this file appears to have been premature; it's not a feature
enabled by Kconfig, but it's a arch-level feature regardless.  Put it back
for now until some happy future time when we decide how we really want to
document such features.

This reverts commit 2bef69a385.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
2018-05-10 15:42:22 -06:00
Andrea Parri 2bef69a385 Documentation/features/vm: Remove arch support status file for 'pte_special'
Suggested-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Andrea Parri <[email protected]>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
2018-05-08 09:28:33 -06:00
Andrea Parri 7156fc2928 Documentation/features: Refresh the arch support status files in place
Now that the script 'features-refresh.sh' is available, uses this script
to refresh all the arch-support.txt files in place.

Signed-off-by: Andrea Parri <[email protected]>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
2018-05-08 09:27:48 -06:00
Arnd Bergmann 1ea5afd42a Documentation: arch-support: remove obsolete architectures
A number of architecture ports are obsolete and getting dropped,
so we no longer want to track the respective features.

We already removed the lines for metag and mn10300, this does
the same edits for all the others.

For the remaining 21 architectures, this shows how many are known
to implement each given feature:

19 time/modern-timekeeping/arch-support.txt
19 time/clockevents/arch-support.txt
15 core/tracehook/arch-support.txt
14 core/generic-idle-thread/arch-support.txt
13 locking/lockdep/arch-support.txt
12 io/dma-api-debug/arch-support.txt
11 debug/kgdb/arch-support.txt
10 time/virt-cpuacct/arch-support.txt
 9 debug/kretprobes/arch-support.txt
 9 debug/kprobes/arch-support.txt
 8 vm/THP/arch-support.txt
 8 vm/pte_special/arch-support.txt
 8 vm/numa-memblock/arch-support.txt
 8 io/sg-chain/arch-support.txt
 7 perf/kprobes-event/arch-support.txt
 7 locking/rwsem-optimized/arch-support.txt
 7 debug/gcov-profile-all/arch-support.txt
 7 core/jump-labels/arch-support.txt
 7 core/BPF-JIT/arch-support.txt
 6 vm/ELF-ASLR/arch-support.txt
 6 time/context-tracking/arch-support.txt
 6 seccomp/seccomp-filter/arch-support.txt
 6 debug/stackprotector/arch-support.txt
 5 time/irq-time-acct/arch-support.txt
 5 io/dma-contiguous/arch-support.txt
 5 debug/uprobes/arch-support.txt
 4 vm/ioremap_prot/arch-support.txt
 4 time/arch-tick-broadcast/arch-support.txt
 4 perf/perf-stackdump/arch-support.txt
 4 perf/perf-regs/arch-support.txt
 3 debug/KASAN/arch-support.txt
 2 vm/PG_uncached/arch-support.txt
 2 vm/huge-vmap/arch-support.txt
 2 sched/numa-balancing/arch-support.txt
 2 sched/membarrier-sync-core/arch-support.txt
 2 locking/cmpxchg-local/arch-support.txt
 2 debug/optprobes/arch-support.txt
 2 debug/kprobes-on-ftrace/arch-support.txt
 1 vm/TLB/arch-support.txt
 1 locking/queued-spinlocks/arch-support.txt
 1 locking/queued-rwlocks/arch-support.txt
 1 debug/user-ret-profiler/arch-support.txt
 0 lib/strncasecmp/arch-support.txt

Note that the list does not include riscv or nds32 yet, these still
need to be added.

Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email protected]>
2018-03-26 15:56:10 +02:00
David Howells 739d875dd6 mn10300: Remove the architecture
Remove the MN10300 arch as the hardware is defunct.

Suggested-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: David Howells <[email protected]>
cc: Masahiro Yamada <[email protected]>
cc: [email protected]
Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email protected]>
2018-03-09 23:19:56 +01:00
James Hogan 6a7676852e docs: Remove remaining references to metag
Remove any remaining references to the Meta architecture in
Documentation/, primarily from Documentation/features/.

Signed-off-by: James Hogan <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
2018-02-22 11:07:37 +00:00
Hans-Christian Noren Egtvedt c0c74acbb6 docs: remove all references to AVR32 architecture
The AVR32 architecture support has been removed from the Linux kernel,
hence remove all references to it from Documentation.

Signed-off-by: Hans-Christian Noren Egtvedt <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Håvard Skinnemoen <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Nicolas Ferre <[email protected]>
Acked-by: Andy Shevchenko <[email protected]>
Acked-by: Boris Brezillon <[email protected]>
2017-05-01 09:27:15 +02:00
Ard Biesheuvel 324420bf91 arm64: add support for ioremap() block mappings
This wires up the existing generic huge-vmap feature, which allows
ioremap() to use PMD or PUD sized block mappings. It also adds support
to the unmap path for dealing with block mappings, which will allow us
to unmap the __init region using unmap_kernel_range() in a subsequent
patch.

Signed-off-by: Ard Biesheuvel <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Catalin Marinas <[email protected]>
2016-02-18 18:16:16 +00:00
Kirill A. Shutemov 4b471e8898 mm, thp: remove infrastructure for handling splitting PMDs
With new refcounting we don't need to mark PMDs splitting.  Let's drop
code to handle this.

Signed-off-by: Kirill A. Shutemov <[email protected]>
Tested-by: Sasha Levin <[email protected]>
Tested-by: Aneesh Kumar K.V <[email protected]>
Acked-by: Vlastimil Babka <[email protected]>
Acked-by: Jerome Marchand <[email protected]>
Cc: Andrea Arcangeli <[email protected]>
Cc: Hugh Dickins <[email protected]>
Cc: Dave Hansen <[email protected]>
Cc: Mel Gorman <[email protected]>
Cc: Rik van Riel <[email protected]>
Cc: Naoya Horiguchi <[email protected]>
Cc: Steve Capper <[email protected]>
Cc: Johannes Weiner <[email protected]>
Cc: Michal Hocko <[email protected]>
Cc: Christoph Lameter <[email protected]>
Cc: David Rientjes <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
2016-01-15 17:56:32 -08:00
Vineet Gupta 443a631283 Documentation/features/vm: THP now supported by ARC
Signed-off-by: Vineet Gupta <[email protected]>
2015-10-17 17:48:19 +05:30
Vineet Gupta 55ad769fde Documentation/features/vm: pte_special now supported by ARC
Signed-off-by: Vineet Gupta <[email protected]>
2015-10-09 17:04:23 +05:30
Linus Torvalds 065d80b4bf Merge tag 'metag-for-v4.3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jhogan/metag
Pull metag updates from James Hogan:
 "Metag architecture changes for v4.3.

  Just a couple of changes for v4.3-rc1.  A preparatory IRQ patch to
  prepare for moving irq_data struct members, and a tweak to
  Documentation/features since Meta2 could support THP"

* tag 'metag-for-v4.3' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jhogan/metag:
  Documentation/features/vm: Meta2 is capable of THP
  metag/irq: Use access helper irq_data_get_affinity_mask()
2015-09-09 10:27:59 -07:00
James Hogan e7e98d7677 Documentation/features/vm: Meta2 is capable of THP
Change metag Transparent Huge Pages (THP) support from .. to TODO. Meta2
has variable sized pages, between 4KB and 4MB, specified at the 1st
level page table level, and already supports hugetlbfs, so supporting
THP is theoretically possible too.

Signed-off-by: James Hogan <[email protected]>
Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
2015-09-07 08:57:53 +01:00
Mel Gorman c7e1e3ccfb Documentation/features/vm: add feature description and arch support status for batched TLB flush after unmap
Signed-off-by: Mel Gorman <[email protected]>
Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
2015-09-04 16:54:41 -07:00
Ingo Molnar 343163ca15 Documentation/features/vm: Add feature description and arch support status file for 'ELF-ASLR'
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Cc: H. Peter Anvin <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Josh Triplett <[email protected]>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <[email protected]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
2015-06-03 12:51:39 +02:00
Ingo Molnar c0512abd5a Documentation/features/vm: Add feature description and arch support status file for 'ioremap_prot'
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Cc: H. Peter Anvin <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Josh Triplett <[email protected]>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <[email protected]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
2015-06-03 12:51:37 +02:00
Ingo Molnar cc436a080a Documentation/features/vm: Add feature description and arch support status file for 'THP'
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Cc: H. Peter Anvin <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Josh Triplett <[email protected]>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <[email protected]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
2015-06-03 12:51:35 +02:00
Ingo Molnar 61e06e71cc Documentation/features/vm: Add feature description and arch support status file for 'pmdp_splitting_flush'
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Cc: H. Peter Anvin <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Josh Triplett <[email protected]>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <[email protected]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
2015-06-03 12:51:34 +02:00
Ingo Molnar f643e6a69a Documentation/features/vm: Add feature description and arch support status file for 'pte_special'
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Cc: H. Peter Anvin <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Josh Triplett <[email protected]>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <[email protected]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
2015-06-03 12:51:33 +02:00
Ingo Molnar bebcfbb0ce Documentation/features/vm: Add feature description and arch support status file for 'huge-vmap'
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Cc: H. Peter Anvin <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Josh Triplett <[email protected]>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <[email protected]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
2015-06-03 12:51:33 +02:00
Ingo Molnar c197645c59 Documentation/features/vm: Add feature description and arch support status file for 'PG_uncached'
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Cc: H. Peter Anvin <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Josh Triplett <[email protected]>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <[email protected]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
2015-06-03 12:51:32 +02:00
Ingo Molnar 403e27dc1f Documentation/features/vm: Add feature description and arch support status file for 'numa-memblock'
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email protected]>
Cc: H. Peter Anvin <[email protected]>
Cc: Jonathan Corbet <[email protected]>
Cc: Josh Triplett <[email protected]>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <[email protected]>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <[email protected]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email protected]>
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <[email protected]>
2015-06-03 12:51:32 +02:00